Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Forward


I retrace my steps to the moment
Walking forward 
backwards through time 
To the time when 
this emotion was peace to me
To the union that was divine

She was in that moment my all
And my love unconditional flowed
I became the peace in her turbulence
Giving hope to her falling world

I thought my heart inexhaustible
I believed my soul strong
But in giving I could not entirely shield myself
My faith wavered, and so I began to fall

I may have been falling ever since
But now I have reached the ground
I know now that this was part of my journey
A lesson and test in love

That love is a decision 
Not only an emotion we feel
And although the feeling is not mutual
It doesn't mean it's not real

That we should give without fear
but also know when we should let go
Because not everyone is meant for us
That's just the way life goes

Easier said than done
but it's how we get to grow and become wise
to be strong for those who come after us
so that we give them part of our light

So from walking back I move forward now
I begin ascend from where I fell
To continue each day to love
And rise above 
To hope and believe again

No comments:

Post a Comment