Monday, February 4, 2013

Return Myself to Me


I'm biding my time here
God helps those who help themselves
but I fear helping myself too much
contriving the coincidence to touch
only to build a blight to make me fall
further away from you angel
when I've fallen so much already

Should I really draw myself closer though?
I don't think I'm worthy of you
You are already being
and I am building myself to be
Someone alot more whole
Someone alot more free

I'm refining myself
because I am not enough
I once was someone who you might see
I once was someone so free
a spirit who danced upon waves of light
A poet who wrote under the stars of night

I could lay upon the ground
and speak to the earth
and the trees would hear me
and the winds would blow
such balance existed once
but I lost myself, I lost the pieces

Now I'm figuring out
the reasons for why I stopped believing
I know I'll return myself to me
hopefully you might still be there to see

3 comments:

  1. i think the best and most honest ideal [sometimes] is to sincerely walk away and see to the fixing of YOU before you get back up there. i think to try and soar with an angel when your lungs are broken is... to say the least hard. the joyful part is that, though it's an introspective journey, one never truly has to do it alone, since God made the YOU, clearly He knows what and how to have it restored. i have spoken [thunder rolls]

    ReplyDelete
  2. incidently: "I once was someone so free
    a spirit who danced upon waves of light
    A poet who wrote under the stars of night" - SO understand that feeling! great piece.

    ReplyDelete