Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Impatience


I feel within  me
the urge to say 
words which this being can't seem to contain

A restless breeze rustles and swirls
tangles and curls
the chords that connect to my mind and my voice

Yet I restrain myself
for fear and doubt
stand on the scale with courage and faith
caution and the past asks me to wait

Passion and reason
dance within me  to see who may endure
what race is this? 
my soul meditates whilst all this goes on
time passes and this impatience 
seems like a thirst that cannot be quenched

For two souls have been introduced
and two minds have met
but my heart knows not hers
and I will dare not suppose 

Thus what is left
but for the unknown to brought to life
for the chains to be cast off
for this emotion to once again know
anothers light 

1 comment: