Thursday, December 15, 2011

Adieu Ma Cherie, Mon Ange




She haunts the space between
My arms and my dreams
Watching over me in the still
Of my sleep

Through the haze of my dream
I saw her fair and aglow
Under the moonlight, in front of my window
My eyes halfway closed

In my heart I know her
Else she is familiar in a special place
Yet I have never seen her face

She lay next to me in sleep
I placed my arms around her to keep
Her warm since she was cold to the touch
With my embrace and a kiss
Warmth returned to her with bliss
Then she whispered and disappeared

If I only knew what she whispered
To the night air before her spirit dispersed

I awoke to hold my angel
Who in my dream was once here
Hugging so tightly
But world told me she was never there

I yearned to return to sleep
I wished her to be real and not a dream
What did this all mean?
Was there any meaning at all?

Thank you for this moment my angel
Even though I felt my heart fall
It will whisper to the wind
And your name it would know to call


1 comment:

  1. permanence.
    the need to pull her down from the thought realm and keep her here.

    permanence. the goal is permanence.

    pax bro.

    ReplyDelete